Thursday, May 15, 2008

Too Much

Sometimes I feel like a jackass when I say too much. Mostly because I hate to burden people with all this stuff that makes me upset. I know what they say about true friends being there to help and not caring but honestly, I feel like inside of them there's something that thinks ill of someone who says too much. I also feel embarassed in the aftermath for saying too much; yesterday I was talking with one of my best friends and told her all kinds of things about my history with abuse and this guy I'm in unrequited love with (it's a long story) and today I feel stupid for saying all those things, like, it's too much information and for sure she thinks I'm insane. And fair enough. I probably am insane. It's insane to want something as much as I do, it's insane to want to tell someone as much as I do, it's insane to hang onto the past so much that you honestly can't see a future without it, even though sometimes things in the past are totally and completely dead.

I've always had a hard time accepting things. I think it's an innate part of my personality to have this inability to accept truths about the way things are until I absolutely HAVE to. But the funny thing is.... I think that maybe this refusal has something to do with habit and not an actual want. Maybe I want things because I've always wanted them since day one, and for whatever reason, I get into the habit of wanting. Want, want, want. That's the word that my life consists of. And I tell people these wants and I shouldn't. I really shouldn't.

Today's going to be weird, I can sense it already. Weird and either happy or sad. It's too soon to tell. But I actually do feel stupid for saying all this personal stuff yesterday. Either because we're taught to not express our feelings that way, or else because it's just too much.

No comments: